Ventura Harbor Boat Launch to Reopen with Guidelines
Boaters will have access to the public launch ramp at Ventura Harbor starting Friday, April 24, 2020 at 12:01 AM with new guidelines in place, the Ventura Port District announced. Ventura Port District General Manager Brian Pendleton said the public boat launch ramp will re-open under the following conditions and protocols:
- 24/7 hours of operation
- Each vehicle/vessel is limited to members of the same household
- No fishing will be allowed at the public launch ramp
- No loitering at or around the public launch ramp
- Boaters will maintain 6 feet social distancing
- Masks are recommended when outside the vehicle or vessel in the public launch ramp and parking lot areas
- Boaters must comply with all governmental orders
- Please Note: The re-opening of the public launch ramp and guidelines are subject to change
“The reopening will provide our boating community the opportunity to get back on the water, “ states Pendleton. “In doing so, we are asking the public to be respectful of each other and practice social distancing while meeting the requirements of the Ventura County Public Health Order issued April 20, 2020.”
Additional information on the Ventura County Public Health Order can be found at vcemergency.com. Ventura Harbor Public Launch Ramp & parking information is located on venturaharbor.com https://venturaharbor.com/directory/launch-ramp/ For additional boating questions, please contact Ventura Harbor Patrol at (805) 642-8618.
Follow on Twitter for Harbor News, Updates & Happenings!