VENTURA PORT DISTRICT
BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS
Chris Stephens, Chairman
Brian Brennan, Vice Chairman
Jackie Gardina, Secretary
Everard Ashworth, Commissioner
Michael Blumenberg, Commissioner
Brian Pendleton, General Manager
Todd Mitchell, Business Operations Manager
Andy Turner, Legal Counsel
Jessica Rauch, Clerk of the Board
John Bramble, Special Advisor
Julie Hernandez, Senior Management Advisor
PORT COMMISSION AGENDA
SPECIAL WORKSHOP MEETING
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2019
1:00PM – 5:00PM
VENTURA BEACH MARRIOTT
2055 E HARBOR BLVD
VENTURA, CA 93001
CALL TO ORDER: By Chairman Chris Stephens.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: By Chairman Chris Stephens.
ROLL CALL: By the Clerk of the Board.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
Consider and approve, by majority vote, minor revisions to agenda items and/or attachments and any item added to or removed/continued from the Port Commission’s agenda. Administrative Reports relating to this agenda and materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public review at the Port District’s office located at 1603 Anchors Way Drive, Ventura, CA during business hours as well as on the District’s website – www.venturaharbor.com. Each item on the agenda shall be deemed to include action by an appropriate motion, resolution or ordinance to take action on any item.
WORKSHOP – PORT COMMISSION GOAL SETTING
- Welcome by Chairman, Chris Stephens (5 minutes)
- Comments by General Manager, Brian Pendleton (5 minutes)
- Introductions and Review of Agenda (5 minutes)
- Review of Accomplishments and Contributing Factors (15 minutes)
- Public Comment: Opportunity to present ideas for goals and projects for the Commission to consider. (40 minutes)
- Board’s Vision for the Future (Two to Five Year Goals) (1.5 hours)
- Discussion on Methods to Communicate with Commissioners, Staff and Stakeholders (40 minutes)
- Wrap up and Next Steps (25 minutes)
This agenda was posted on Friday, September 6, 2019 by 5:00PM at the Port District Office and online at www.venturaharbor.com – Port District Business – Meetings and Agendas.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Ventura Port District at (805) 642-8538. Notification 48 hours before the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility. (28 CFR 18.104.22.168 ADA Title II)