VENTURA PORT DISTRICT
BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS
Michael Blumenberg, Chair
Jackie Gardina, Vice-Chair
Anthony Rainey, Secretary
Brian Brennan, Commissioner
Chris Stephens, Commissioner
Brian D. Pendleton, General Manager
Todd Mitchell, Sr. Business Operations Manager
Tom Bunn, Legal Counsel
Jessica Rauch, Clerk of the Board
THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2023
VENTURA PORT DISTRICT OFFICE
1603 ANCHORS WAY DRIVE
VENTURA, CA 93001
OPEN SESSION – 6:00PM
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION OPTIONS
MEETINGS WILL BE CONDUCTED IN A HYBRID MODEL WITH BOTH IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE AND VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION.
WATCH THE MEETING LIVE
Webinar ID: 832 7632 9300
PUBLIC COMMENT VIA ZOOM
To request to speak on an item, use the “raise hand” button to notify the Clerk. The Clerk will announce public speakers and unmute participants to speak. Please be mindful that the meeting will be recorded, and all rules of procedure and decorum apply for in-person attendees and those participating virtually.
SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT VIA EMAIL
To submit written comments on a specific agenda item, please do so via email by 4:00PM on the day of the meeting. When sending an email, please indicate in the subject line, the agenda item number (i.e. General Public Comment or Consent Item A). Written comments should be no more than 1,000 characters in length. Written comments will be distributed to the Commission and will be posted as a supplemental packet on the District’s website at https://venturaharbor.com/board-meeting-documents/. Please submit your comment to the Clerk of the Board at email@example.com.
OPEN SESSION AT 6:00PM
CALL TO ORDER: By Chair Michael Blumenberg.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: By Chair Michael Blumenberg.
ROLL CALL: By the Clerk of the Board.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
Consider and approve, by majority vote, minor revisions to agenda items and/or attachments and any item added to or removed/continued from the Port Commission’s agenda. Administrative Reports relating to this agenda and materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public review at the Port District’s office located at 1603 Anchors Way Drive, Ventura, CA during business hours as well as on the District’s website – www.venturaharbor.com.
The Public Communications period is set aside to allow public testimony on items not on today’s agenda. Each person may address the Commission for up to three minutes or at the discretion of the Chair.
1) Approval of Easement Documents for the City of Ventura’s VenturaWaterPure Ocean Outfall Project
Recommended Action: Voice Vote.
That the Board of Port Commissioners:
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into a Right of Way Agreement (With Escrow Instructions) with the City of Ventura for the VenturaWaterPure Project.
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into a Temporary Easement Agreement with the City of Ventura for the VenturaWaterPure Project.
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into a Temporary Easement Deed, granting a temporary construction and access easement to the City of Ventura for the VenturaWaterPure Project.
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into Temporary Construction Easement Deeds, granting three temporary construction and access easements to the City of Ventura for the VenturaWaterPure Project.
- Authorize the General Manager to enter into a Easement Deed, granting the City of Ventura one permanent easement for the VenturaWaterPure Project.
This agenda was posted on August 29, 2023 by 5:30 p.m. at the Port District Office and online at https://venturaharbor.com/board-meeting-documents/
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Ventura Port District at (805) 642-8538 or the California Relay Service at 711 or (800) 855-7100. Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility. (28 CFR 188.8.131.52 ADA Title II)