Island Packers, Family Owned & Founding in 1968, Offers Daily Trips as the Official Boat Transportation Concessionaire
Island Packers, the official boat concessionaire to the Channel Islands National Park, has recently announced daily departures to the Channel Islands National Park from Ventura Harbor Village and is now offering Winter Whale Watching Excursions in 2023. Book your spot today to view these magnificent mammals at www.islandpackers.com.
A winter Whale Watch is a perfect way to gather with family and friends to view Pacific gray whales migrating through the Santa Barbara Channel from their feeding grounds in Alaska to their breeding grounds in Baja. Pacific gray whales are normally sighted in the National Marine Sanctuary near Anacapa and Santa Cruz Island that began in late December and extending through the middle of April 15, 2023. This mammoth migration of over 20,000 whales and 6,000 miles twice a year remains a major attraction in Southern California.
Sightings of the southern migration began in December for Pacific gray whales, and Island Packers also saw humpback whales, fin whales, and occasionally orcas. Common dolphin are enjoyed year-round, delighting passengers as they frolic with the boat, and ride the bow and stern waves.
The three-and-a-half-hour Winter Whale Watch Cruise provides stunning views of the Ventura coastline or the Channel Islands: depending on where the whales may be sighted. Winter Whale Watch excursions are available now thru mid-April from Ventura and/ or Channel Islands Harbor departing at 9:30 a.m. and/or 1:30 p.m. Rates for half-day trips are $44 for adults, $40 for seniors, and $31 for children 3-12. Children 2 years old and younger ride free. All-day trips with landings and camping trips to Anacapa and Santa Cruz Island are also available year-round. On Santa Cruz, both Scorpion Anchorage and Prisoner’s Harbor is now open. All-day trips run from $64.00 to $120.00 per adult.
What makes whale watching a great activity:
- Affordable family fun – Half day excursions start at $44 for adults; $31 for kids
- Flexible – Winter trips depart twice a day, almost daily (weather permitting) until mid-April
- Educational – Crew aboard the whale watching cruises have many years of experience sighting whales on the waters of the Santa Barbara Channel and will narrate and inform guests about all the varieties or marine mammals seen on your cruise
- Get in touch with nature – It is not just whales that make the area so special; visitors may also see sea birds, sea lions, and the coastline of the offshore islands while onboard
Following a fun filled day at sea:
- Learn more about the Channel Islands and National Marine Sanctuary – Make a visit to the Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center, open daily, nearby on Spinnaker Drive in Ventura Harbor
- Dine & Shop waterfront – Just steps from vibrant Ventura Harbor Village, enjoy seaside dining, shopping at boutiques, sweat treats, wine, and live entertainment after the excursion
For more information about Island Packers, call 805-642-1393 or book or visit online at www.Islandpackers.com.