The Ventura Port District, home to the Channel Islands National Park, provides a safe and navigable harbor and a seaside destination that benefits residents, visitors, fisherman, and boaters to enjoy Ventura Harbor’s exceptional facilities, events, and services.
The Ventura Port District will provide a rewarding and vibrant coastal marine experience to our residents and visitors through efficient and timely execution of these District Goals.
1) Maintain and enhance a safe and navigable harbor by:
- securing funding through the Army Corps of Engineers in coordination with agencies and our elected officials;
- dredging the Inner Harbor and preserving infrastructure;
- providing superior Harbor Patrol, Maintenance, and related Port District services;
- upgrading infrastructure, equipment and facilities for a modernized, efficient and safe working harbor
2) Support and promote commercial and recreational boating and fishing.
3) Increase economic development, vitality, and diversity of the District through effective leasing and marketing strategies.
4) Promote sustainable use of our natural environment through business practices and programs designed in concert with our tenants, educators, agencies, and interest groups.
5) Build respectful, productive, and mutually beneficial business relationships with our tenants, public agencies, elected officials and the community.
6) Provide exceptional public service and transparency at all levels within the organization through effective leadership, training, mentoring, and oversight. This promotes accountability, increased public trust, and a more efficient, effective and public focused organization.
Follow on Twitter for Harbor News, Updates & Happenings!