Island Packers Cruises Open for Public Transportation
Island Packers, the authorized boat transportation concessionaire to Channel Islands National Park, is pleased to announce resumption of limited public transportation to the Channel Islands that became effective June 1, 2020 for all landing and non-landing trips.
Island Packers resumes limited service to Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa and Anacapa Islands for both day visitors and campers from Ventura Harbor Village with three-hour island wildlife trips and six-hour whale watching trips. Although reservations are being accepted, current conditions necessitate that all transportation plans could be subject to change.
In response to legitimate health concerns, Island Packers has revised several procedural protocols designed to keep visitors to the Channel Islands National Park safe and comfortable. These revisions to their office and vessel operations include:
- Passenger loads will be limited to under 40% capacity to better facilitate social distancing
- All Island Packer employees will be health screened before every shift
- Passengers will be given a health inquiry before being allowed access to office or boats and require to wear face covering on board vessels
- Office and boat crew will wear appropriate PPE when in contact with the public
- Check-in lines will promote social distancing and appropriate hygiene
- Vessels will be sanitized during stops and between runs
- Updated cargo transport protocols limiting exposure of passenger gear
Island Packers will continue to monitor the directives from health officials and to always prioritize the safety and well-being of our customers and crew. Staff look forward to having the public on board and back in operation. More information is available at our website, www.islandpackers.com or by calling Island Packers at 805-642-1393. The office will be open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily for information and reservations.
Follow on Twitter for Harbor News, Updates & Happenings!