The Ventura Port District is committed to our visitors and employees alike! As part of our team, you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is truly a rewarding aspect of any career with the The Ventura Port District. We strive to provide a work environment that is conducive to both personal and professional growth.
If you are looking for a job opportunity with one of the shops, restaurants, marinas, or attractions at Ventura Harbor, please contact them directly.
Ventura Port District
Marketing & Events Coordinator
Full-Time: $42-$52k annual plus Ventura Port District benefits including health
As an integral team member of the Marketing Department, assist with all facets of marketing for Ventura’s premier visitor and seaside destination/attraction. Drive business to the Harbor and create a vibrant social media and online presence for the Harbor. Enhance the visitor experience via social media tools, campaigns and trends, and produce events and promotional campaigns in the Harbor Village.
- Generate content and manage social media channels for Harbor and its businesses.
- Propose and research online marketing strategies for new avenues for sales growth.
- Production assistance of harbor events & Village promotions. Incorporate Harbor tenant participation.
- Maintain Harbor web sites weekly, Port information, Calendars, and design banner ads
- Serve as a marketing liaison for tenants, develop internal tenant communications.
- Compose monthly Enewsletter on MailChimp, increase subscriber base.
- Admin support to ensure projects are completed in a timely working with the Marketing Manager.
- Research and hire live musicians for the Ventura Harbor Village and for select events.
- Spearhead community relations outreach and cultivate more exposure to the Ventura local community.
- Build relationships with Harbor vendors including but not limited to: printers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, digital marketers, etc.
- Assist with overall departmental aspects and help to determine best practices and budget.
- Ability to manage multiple timelines, tasks and budget.
- Enhance the visitor and customer experience information and unique seaside experiences.
- Must be a self-starter, strong communication, and excellent customer service skills.
- Drive to continue to learn and improve marketing skills, social media knowledge and trends.
- Strong event planning skills- ability to lead event production with success, manage event staff.
- Detail-oriented, innovative and creative thinking to build online strategies and social campaigns.
- High energy to bring new ideas, concepts, vision to increase awareness of the Ventura Harbor.
- Outstanding networking skills, personable, and a team player.
- Well organized to move projects through quickly and efficiently on deadlines and be flexible and dynamic in fast past working environment.
- Able to determine priorities, lead projects, and make key decisions.
- Working knowledge/proven work experience of social media oversight, content development & online marketing strategies.
- Able to handle distribution of materials, event set ups and ability to move and direct during events.
- Knowledge of Power Point, Excel, Photoshop, Hootsuite, WordPress, Mailchimp, or similar programs.
- B.A. in Marketing, Business, Communications, IT or similar field
Send cover letter, resumes and samples to Jennifer Talt Lundin, Marketing Manager via email email@example.com subject: Ventura Harbor Marketing & Events Coordinator